The most versatile all-in-one solution for portable hardness testing. The Portable Rockwell test principle follows the traditional Rockwell static test method which is particularly suited for scratch-sensitive, polished or thin parts as well as for profiles and pipes. In combination with the Equotip Leeb Impact Devices, the Equotip 550 Portable Rockwell can be extended with the Leeb hardness principle following the dynamic (rebound) method. This additionally allows automatic on-site correlation of Leeb to Portable Rockwell true indention hardness value. The new generation Equotip Touchscreen interface is specifically designed to provide an exceptional user experience. The enhanced software provides interactive wizards, automatic verification processes, personalization options and custom report functions. Furthermore, it is compatible with upcoming developments. The full color display allows best possible measuring and analysis of the measured data. The specially designed housing optimizes the on-site usage of the device in harsh environments. To date, Proceq’s Equotip has become established as a globally recognized measuring technique and a de facto industry standard. The Equotip devices fully meet the demand for non-destructive hardness testing in a broad range of industries.
• Measurements in HRC and HV with automatic integrated conversions to HB, HRA, HRB and many more common scales in compliance to ASTM E140 and ISO 18265
• Highly accurate ± 0.8 µm (~ ± 1.0 HRC) over entire range
• Rapid and reproducible metal hardness readings independent of the material and sample dimensions
• Small test load yields small penetrations of only a few μm
• Unique measuring clamp and support feet are available for the probe allowing the test to be carried out on various geometries
• Advanced algorithm option for faster measurement
• Probe can be connected directly to PC
• Precise metal hardness testing of very soft materials through to very hard materials
• Thin parts, profiles and pipes of a wall thickness ≤ 2 mm, sheets, coiled metal, as well as parts as thin as 0.2 mm (0.008”), depending on the hardness level
• Testing on scratch-sensitive or polished surfaces
• Metal hardness testing of heat-affected zones near welding seams
Proceq offers accessories such as a measuring clamp or several support feet adapt to freehand hardness measurements on various test piece geometries.
- Item Code: Equotip-550-Prtable-Rockwell